Hi friends! I just wanted to say that I’m officially back from maternity leave! Earlier this year I quietly shared my return on my social media channels because I wanted to slowly ease back into shoots. Fortunately, several of my past clients were ready to welcome me back with open arms which made the transition from mom to working mom much easier and pleasant (can’t wait to share their shoots with you!). So after a lot of internal debating, I’ve made some significant decisions and changes to my business.
Some of the following decisions were not easy to make and I struggled with them for months but in the end it all came down to 2 things — wanting to be as present and involved as possible in River’s life (especially his first years) and being able to serve each of my clients as well as possible. With that in mind, these are the changes I will be implementing:
- I will be pressing pause on weddings. I don’t know yet if this will be a temporary break or a permanent one but for the time being I will not be booking any weddings. This was the most difficult decision to make because weddings were the reason why I became a professional photographer and I loved shooting them for the last 7 years. However, spending my weekends away from my son and family would be too difficult for me right now and it just wouldn’t be fair to my wedding couples if I didn’t give 100%.
- I will only be booking a VERY LIMITED amount of shoots a month and will be even more selective with the kinds of shoots and clients I work with. At some point in the near future, I will stop taking on new clients and only continue working with people I’ve photographed before.
- I’m now offering Mommy & Me sessions. As a mom, I totally get it — you’re rarely in photos with your child(ren). I want to change that. Mommy & Me sessions will capture a morning and/or afternoon with your child(ren). This is a lifestyle shoot meaning the shoot will be in your home and the photos will capture moments rather than poses.
- Speaking of lifestyle, I’m also doing more Lifestyle sessions with families, couples, and even entrepreneurs who want to capture and share their day to day life. As mentioned above, these are candid and more photojournalistic style photos.
- I now offer packages instead of just a set price for most of my sessions. More information here.
I am currently booking shoots now so if you’d like more information or would like to reserve one of the few spots I have available each month, please send me an email.
As for blogging, my goal is to post at least 3 times a week with a newsletter somewhere in between. One thing that I will soon be sharing about is all that I’ve learned about business and photography in the last 8 years. I want to help new photographers and entrepreneurs succeed and not make the same mistakes I did when I was launching and building my business. I will also be discussing my adventures in motherhood (and lessons learned), being a self-employed working mom, sharing recent photoshoots, and much more.
Thank you for understanding and accepting all the changes that have been happening in my life. I’m doing my best to juggle everything and find balance and make sure every branch of my life is growing and thriving and bearing fruit.
As always, if you have any questions, blog post requests, or just want to say hey, please don’t hesitate to shoot me an email! I’d love to hear from you! :)
P.S. If you’d like to be the first to hear about any photography specials and announcements, please sign up for our newsletter down below! Those on the list will be able to take advantage of specials before I publicly offer it on the blog or my social media channels. I’ll also be sending out weekly newsletters soon that will be a more behind the scenes and personal look at my work and home life (more scoop on this later!).