How’s your Monday? Did you have a nice weekend? Despite having to work, I had a pretty relaxing, happy weekend. I still can’t believe we’re almost in the middle of August already. Admittedly, I am ready for summer to be over…I want to wear scarves and boots and cozy sweaters again. But I definitely need to squeeze in a few more trips to the beach before this happens.
Anyway, wishing you a happy Monday followed by a lovely week…Here are some random thoughts to share with you! XO
• Starting off a new week by having brunch with one of your favorite girls (and bride) is the best way to beat the Monday blues and prepare yourself for the week ahead. (Love you, Kara!!)
• Friend told me to watch Searching For Sugar Man. And I did. And I loved it. Watch if you want to be inspired, uplifted, and happy. The music is awesome, too.
• Speaking of music…I am kicking myself for not going to see The National at the Greek Theater and Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Did anyone see them?
• I’m in need of a new bag/purse. I don’t like logos and want something simple. I’ve narrowed it down to these…what do you think?:
Proenza Schouler PS1 Large Chain Wallet (I already have the regular sized one)
Louis Vuitton Sofia Bag (I am still coveting this bag in navy blue after all these years. I’ve come close to getting it several times but I just couldn’t bring myself to pay so much for a bag when I could be getting some awesome camera gear. Maybe one day…)
• I’ve been pinning again! I took a break from Pinterest for awhile but I’m back at it. I’ve pinned a bunch of new stuff recently…check it out! (A lot of wedding related stuff for my brides.)
• Aaaand speaking of brides…a couple of days ago I watched a few episodes of Say Yes To The Dress. One of my best gfs loves this show and several of my brides have mentioned it to me so I figured I should check it out. Very interesting. Who knew there was so much drama and psychology involved in choosing a wedding dress. Freud and Jung would have a field day with this show. haha Oh, and one thing I’ve learned…it’s not your dress if you and/or your mom/sister/dad/best friend/grandmother/gay bff don’t cry about it. Duly noted.
• I know I haven’t been blogging much these days but if you’d like to stay in touch and see what I’ve been up to (or see photos of my dogs), follow me on Instagram or Facebook.
The National – Conversation 16 (I still love this song…and the video is so odd/cool.)
BoDeans – Good Things
Labrinth ft. Emeli Sande – Beneath Your Beautiful